Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #232
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:43:10 -0500

At 14 Mar 1998 00:13:35 -0800, jbuf@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > My one serious complaint
> > with the 283/5s is that their are gaps in the flash apertures.
>
> There is a small accessory, that plugs into the front of the unit that
> will let you dail in the f stop that you want.

For autoflash, or just fractional manual flash?  I assume the former is what
was of interest...

I join an earlier poster in wishing there were a smallish flash which could
use practically any aperture, instead of having just 2 to 4 to choose from.
The Metz 40-series have the smarts, but they're huge.  Something smaller than
the Metz 32-series, please...  I guess part of the problem is that any new
flash development tends to focus on TTL exposure metering, which of course we
don't yet have in an M.  Someday.