Subject: [Leica] Re: Warranty cards
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:43:20 -0500

> At 09:10 PM 3/16/98 -0500, Paul T Collura wrote:
> >.  I for one would not pay one cent more for a user camera because it had the
> >warranty card.  If a camera is purchased and never touched THEN there
> >would be some importance to the warranty card as it may qualify as new
> >(although being sold once I am not sure of the legal definition at this
> >point of "new").  Any lawyers out there to comment?
>
> Ah, but you aren't the market!  I agree with you -- I am a cheapskate, and
> buy used much more than new.  I won't pay extra, as a normal rule, for the
> cards.  But there are a lot of folks who will do so, and that can mean some
> more money in the pocket when the camera goes on to another home.  I'm
> hardly suggesting anyone PAY more for gear with the warranty cards (or
> boxes, or packing material):  I am simply commenting on the way the Leica
> market works.
>
> Marc

Marc,

I agree with your comments but I'm curious.  Are you saying that there are Leica collectors that would pay more for a handled camera ( mint, but used) with cards than without cards?  I can possibly see the desirability of the warranty cards if the package is "new" but used they seem superfluous.

Paul