Subject: [Leica] Warranty Cards
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:10:52 -0500

I agree with Dan that it is bad enough that many LUGers worship their
Leicas but to put special importance on the warranty card of a user
camera borders on pathetic.  NO Leica M6 is an investment and anyone who
thinks so will be sorely disappointed when the time comes to "cash-in".
Index funds returned 25% last year far better than any Leica M6.  I for
one would not pay one cent more for a user camera because it had the
warranty card.  If a camera is purchased and never touched THEN there
would be some importance to the warranty card as it may qualify as new
(although being sold once I am not sure of the legal definition at this
point of "new").  Any lawyers out there to comment?

I use my M6s and enjoy them.  BTW, I returned all my warranty cards. If
it helps Leica marketing then I am helping Leica succeed.

Paul T. Collura