Subject: RE: [Leica] red dot on M6 0.85 plastic wrap - mean anything?
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:15:47 -0500

My guess is that the red dot on the bag signifies that the contents is an
M6HM, and is for convenience in the manufacturing and/or packaging process
at Leica. Without that red dot, it's hard to distinguish them from "normal"
M6s without a very close look. Another possibility is that someone in Solms
is putting little red dots on these bags to see how many messages it
generates on the LUG list.

My M6HM had the red dot on the bag as well.

Vahan

>I had an ORANGE dot on my M6HM bag.
> What the heck does that mean?  It looks
>perfect in every way.

OK, the red (orange) dot on plastic bag don't mean anything I guess.

Lucien