Subject: Re: [Leica] T-max horror
From: Alan Brown <abrown@ncsi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:23:08 -0600

>I have found that the degree of agitation was very important, and
>eventually follwed kodak advice (arm extended, two or three twists of the
>wrist only) and got better results. However, to me it is too contrasty and
>difficult to print without losing highlight detail (but then I'm fairly
>useless in the darkroom). I need something more forgiving and am now
>comparing Tri-x and Fuji Neopan.
>
>From: "Patrick R. McKee" <photonewsnetwork@ameri-com.com>
>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:56:31 -0500
>Subject: Re: [Leica] black and white beginner questions
>
>Marc,
>Why is T-Max   a horror in the darkroom? I was thinking of doing some b^w
>again.
>Thanks,
>Pat
>PNN
>prm@photonewsnetwork.com

Oh, I thought of some other things.  Agitation is such a bugaboo!  I have
tried almost every conceivable method with mixed results.  120 film has
been more of a problem than 35mm however.  The problem is increased density
along the sides of the negative that are adjacent to the reel.  I finally
solved this by buying a Jobo tank (1500 series) and putting it on a
Unicolor roller base and giving it constant agitation.  No more extra
density along the sides!

Regards,
Alan Brown