Subject: Re: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: ATanabe <ATanabe@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:43:40 EST

<< As for Mr. Chatterton's tax dealings, hurray for him. Legally avoiding
 taxes is commendable in my book. He is only getting to keep his own
 money, instead of giving it to somebody who thinks they can spend it
 better then he can. What a concept.

What if we all did business via mail order, out of state and no one paid any
taxes???  Or better yet, we start buying goods from other countries and avoid
high tarrifs imposed by importers (ie Hong Kong).  We could all put our $0.02
in and develope a list of companies that will do business with us for goods
and services then none of us will ever have to pay taxes!  What a concept!
What a shame!  I don't like the way politicians spend our tax money on things
and thats why we have elections!  BTW I have dealt with Don when I lived in
Oregon (sales tax free but 11% income tax) and he was very fair and honorable.
I feel that the services that his business receives (police,fire,sewer et al)
are not being reimbursed to the state (sales tax pays for this).  Now unless
he buys a whole heck of a lot of things to compensate for lost state tax
revenues generated by his business, he is definately taking advantage of the
people of this state.
Al