Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Vario-Apo-Elmarit 70-180 vs. Vario-Elmar 105-280
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:51:05 +0100

On 21-03-1998 20:46 Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

>I quite understand your importer. The price of these items is absolutely
>foolish and having one in stock is too costly if he aims a good management
>of the stock.

Dominique,

Are you suggesting I should buy such, as you say "foolishly" expensive,
lens blindly, without even actually having held one in my hand together
with the R8 body? This would be "foolish" and financially irresponsible
behavior IMHO :-) Or maybe you're suggesting that in any event it would
be foolish to spend so much money on any lens?

I thought the task of any official Leica importer was to sell things. How
can they expect to sell such very pricey items if they do not have at
least ONE sample in the country? I do not think this is good management,
if the result is that you will either not buy the item because you
couldn't "test" it, or you would buy the item elsewhere, e.g. in Germany,
without any commission for them :-)

BTW I have a lot to complain about the Belgian importer, Masson-Draguet.
I am sure that Leica would be able to sell more goods if there were a
proper and reliable support in the country. Solms, are you listening?

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r