Subject: [Leica] use of circular polarizer
From: "exactlog" <exactlog@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:27:17 -0500

i could use some advice /clarification.
having never used a circ.polarizer, i recently obtained one for use with a
180/3.4
apo lens on my R8.
i have always thought that by turning this filter one would obtain different
density at different settings. it seems that my P-cir 13406 has an even
density across the entire filter even though the glass element can be
turned.
are my eyes getting bad ? If not, why can the glass be turned when the
entire glass has the same density /shading of grey ?
thanks for any advice.
hans