Subject: RE: [Leica] m6 bag
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:25:52 -0800

Joe,
I actually have three that I use for the M6s, depending on what I'm doing:

Lowe Pro "Off-Trail"
This is a very, very compact bag with room for an M6 (with any lens
mounted), and a two lens pouches.  I can carry my M6 with 35/50/90
combination or M6 with 21/35/90.  There's virtually no room for film,
filters, or anything, but it's small size is a huge advantage when hiking.
Comes with a waist strap only and is very comfortable to wear. Costs around
$65

Eagle Creek "Sidekick"
Will hold one body (with lens) and two additional lenses.  It has front
pouches for filters, film, lens tissue, and will hold the small Bogen
tabletop tripod as well.  Nice bag, and real inexpensive at $35, and comes
with shoulder and waist straps.  Not as comfortable to wear as the Lowe Pro
above, though.

Lowe Pro "Off Road"
This bag is designed to hold a full-size SLR with a fairly long zoom
mounted.  I can carry my complete M kit (M6, M6HM with 21/35/50/90) in this
one with film and everything else I need.  I remove one of the velcro center
dividers, leaving just one, which divides the bag in half.  One M6 (with
lens mounted) goes in each side.  The lens pouches on the either side of the
main bag hold the other two lenses with LOTS of room to spare.  You could
probably fit a little fill flash in there too.

The bag has ample room for film in the front pouch with several inner
compartments for filters, notepads, pens, film, mag light, cable release,
etc.  The bottom of the bag has ties for a small tripod.  I't comes with
both shoulder and a very comfortable waist strap.  I've worn this skiing
this year and find it very comfortable and easy to live with.  It's also
very, very water-resistant.

It also works well with just one M6, three lenses, and a little Sony
DCR-PC10 digital video recorder.

Hope this helps,
Jim Laurel