Subject: RE: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:16:47 -0500

>Oh, at last I found out where is the Summar with fog (or haze) Don
>listed on early Dec at 49 usd. I called him to buy it and he told me it
>was possible to clean it. "Ok-I said-please ship it imediately". On
>early January
>it hadn't arrived yet, so after many faxes and emails with no answer I
>finally got him on the phone and he said me:"It has been shipped last
>week". Since I hadn't received anything, I called again few days later
>and he said he was sorry, but Fedex had lost it, no chance to have it
>back.
>Don it is probably in your hands now. I'm sure a LUGger will put it at a
>good use.

Yes, and when the Government collapses because of lack of tax revenue, I
will document the event with my free Summar. It has black chunks of paint
(?) from the inner barrel floating around inside and the front element
has seen too many cleanings with neckties. But slides do "glow", if I
keep the flare down by shooting away from the light. I suppose a hood
would cost $$$. Chatterton did give me the caps though.

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD