Subject: Re: [Leica] New for me
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:32:29 -0800

Alan Brown wrote:

> Yesterday I bought a M2,  35mm f2 chrome and 50 DR with eyes from Jefferson
> Camera in St. Louis.  I've been away from Leica for years, and am thrilled
> to be home!  Happy, happy little guy!
>
> I also have a 90mm Tele-Elmarit (thin) #2727995 which needs cleaning.  None
> of these lens have lens shades however, so I need to know the numbers for
> each of these shades.  The 35 Summicron is a chrome Leitz Canada, #1930115,
> and the 50 DR Summicron is #1707952.  Trying to look for these without
> numbers or those letter codes (such as IUFDO, which I do know is for a 90,
> but don't know if for my 90) is frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, I would like to buy a 21, but this would not be used nearly as much.
> Has anyone used the 21 2.8 that Adorama sells for about $800?  I know Pop
> Photo gave it and its companion 28 very high marks, but what does that
> mean?  Camera Club Collectibles also sell it under the name Avenon for
> about $700.  Who makes it?
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan Brown
Alan

I recommend the 12585.  It will fit both your 35mm and 50mm.

For the 90mm you need the 12575.

Once you have the $700 for the Avenon save a bit more till you can get
the 21mm Elmarit.  Comments on this list indicate it is much much
better.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown