Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:17:36 -0500

Dale:

I can only speak for myself. My lenses are stored for transit with caps.
Before I shoot, the front caps come off and I put on the hoods, then each
lens goes glass down into a bag, I use Domkes with the inserts that allow
one lens per section. Cameras on my neck, or shoulder, or on my tripod have
no caps or filters. When I have time, I put the back caps back on after
changing lenses, but usually, even the back caps end up in a in a pocket.
It isn't such a big deal since my bag have top flaps that cover the exposed
rear elements.

At the end of EVERY shooting day, as part of my routine of replenishing
film and sorting exposed rolls, I clean every exposed lens surface with a
brush and put them away clean. If there's any dirt or smudges (I like to
shoot close to kids with wide lenses and get a finger poke now and again) I
clean it before the lenses go back into the bag. I never go to sleep with
dirty lenses, so I always wake up to clean lenses.

Tom