Subject: Re: [Leica]Cheap Travel
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:52:05 -0500

At 05:50 PM 3/23/98 -0500, you wrote:

>However!  If I had to pay $120 a night for a hotel, the chances are good
>that I'd still think that Chef Boyardee was italian food.  My idea of a
>reasonable price for a night's lodging is more like $50.

Even cheaper is to arrange for a house swap or find an apartment to rent in
an old castle or farm.  We rented a three-bedroom apartment with a kitchen
in a 16th century castle 20 miles from Venice for $700 a month and since it
was also a winery we got all of the wine we could drink for free.  It's a
wonderful way to meet local people.  I've found all of the places we've
rented all over the world on the internet.  Italy was terribly expensive so
we did our shopping in markets and cooked on our little three-burner stove.
 It's a great adventure and can actually be cheaper than staying home
(except for the film!)  If you are interested in Honduras, I can tell you
about some even cheaper places!  What a wonderful world - Best,  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>