Subject: [Leica] Leica filters
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:54:56 -0700 (MST)

I just received a number of filters to fit on my Elmar,Summmar, and
Hektor. 6 of the 8 I am sure about, as I have them referenced in my Leica
books, 2 I am wondering about, the first is a 36 mm clamp on, it is Red,
about the same red as my Kodak Wratten 25, it is Designated "R.h." , the
other is a 36 mm clamp on, slight pink color to it, designated "SL".
Neither of these show upon the lists I have. Is the R.h. equal to a 25, if
not what is the filter factor? Is the SL a---dare I say it ---- a UV
filter? I am assuming as it such a light tint that there probably not much
correction required.
Also received one thread mount LeitzGmbH yellow 1, appears the thread is
38 mm diameter, I couldn't find this size in my literature, what lenses is
it meant to fit?
TIA
Noel Charchuk