Subject: [Leica] Darkroom
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:41:35 -0500

At 01:41 PM 3/24/98 -0500, Art Peterson wrote:
>I would like to ask you, and any other
>     LUG member who may wish to offer advice, how a photographer like Henri
>     Cartier-Bresson (who I've heard did not do any darkroom work) achieved
>     the magnificent prints that he did.

I believe Cartier-Bresson has used the same darkroom tech for donkey's
years -- the two have worked together for so very long that he understands
CB, and CB understands him.  Most of us don't have such a luxury, and have
to use 'any old lab' at hand -- and, thus, the loss of creative control.

I wouldn't take pictures if I didn't print them myself.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!