Subject: Re: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:47:52 -0600

At 10:11 PM 3/23/98 -0800, you wrote:

>For that I am greatly appreciative. I have received dozens of calls, fax's
>and E..mails, which I really appreciate. This is a fun business  as it was
>when started 30 years ago this month. It is sure changing fast. Got a phone
>threat on the answering machine, after we flew back from the LA Camera Show
>last night..

Don,

Some people will complain if you kick them with a new boot. :-)

I have bought several cameras and lenses from you and am completely
satisfied. The only time there was trouble was when someone ripped off your
computers and my shipment was late. You even called me to tell me on your
dime. Hardly your fault! You don't deserve the trashing you are getting.

And remember, cowards who leave threats on phone messages are just feeling
inadequate. Good luck keeping Leica sales going! Don't stop for the bad
people, keep going for the rest.

Thanks.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO