Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters, Trivialities. IMHO
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:46:40 -0500

At 07:14 PM 24-03-98 EST, Robert B. wrote:

> You are amazed at the passion that can be aroused by unimportant issues,
> and yet in almost the same breath you seem to get all bitter and twisted
> about the harmless question of percentage of time used by lenses.  Learn to
> use the delete key!
>
> Dan C.
>  >>
>I am curious.  What usefullness does the percentage of use of lenses
>ultimately have?  What is being done with this seemingly unimportant data.
 Is
>someone collecting and evaluating this data to publish it later?  For two
days
>it's the color of dots on plastic bags and for several more days it's the
>plastic base plate cover.  What good is this information?

You may be right.  My comments above wern't meant to either endorse or
criticise the 'study'.  My point was that it is nothing to get worked up
over.  The replies to the original question have for the most part been
very short, so they are not wasting too much 'precious bandwidth'.  Juts
ignore them if you are not interested.

Dan C.