Subject: [Leica] Marijuana along the Bagmati - or cheap trips
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:46:34 +0500

Greetings all,

	I was cruising for snaps this morning along the banks of the Bagmati
River.  This is the river that runs through the center of the Kathmandu
Valley and separates the two towns of Kathmandu and Patan.  I must say that
I use the term river lightly as the substance that flows does not resemble
water anymore - Tina this should bring back memories of other developing
countries for you.  My wife has always said that we should do a scratch and
sniff travel book - I digress.  The light was wonderful, gentle early
morning light with traces of mist still around the upper reaches of the
temples and shrines.  The amazing thing though was the incredible crop of
marijuana that is coming up this year!!  The stuff is growing along this
entire stretch of river bank and some of the bushes are over 3m high
already.  For the technically minded I was using a M4-P, 50mm Summilux,
90mm Elmarit-M and Velvia.

	Some of the folks on the LUG seem a little uptight these days perhaps a
visit to Nepal to sample some of the locally grown produce would give them
a new perspective on life!!

Cheers,

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal