Subject: [Leica] UV in BMW
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:26:30 EST

In a message dated 98-03-25 00:14:54 EST, Jim wrote:
<<
 Lenses older than 1965 have softer coating than later lenses AND have no UV
 inhibitor in the lens itself. Using a UV filter, in certain situations, is,
 therefore, justified. Simple logic.

 It seems that I have been misinformed as I had always heard that plain
 glass will absorb ultra-violet light and that is why we dont get sunburned
 through a closed windowed auto of ANY vintage  - plain or safety glass.
 Have you ever been sun burned in your auto Jim?  ;)

 Marvin