Subject: Re: [Leica] UV in BMW
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:11:30 -0600

At 12:26 AM 3/25/98 -0500, you wrote:

> glass will absorb ultra-violet light and that is why we dont get sunburned
> through a closed windowed auto of ANY vintage  - plain or safety glass.
> Have you ever been sun burned in your auto Jim?  ;)

I think plain glass filters some UV, but not all. For example, even Leica
will tell you at extremely high altitudes the UV light is so strong that a
UV filter will improve things.

And sunglass have special UV filters built in. Some block UVA and some
block UVB. Some both. Etc.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch