Subject: [Leica] How about saying THANKS to the dealer you do like?
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 01:52:46 EST

Dear LUGnuts:

While I appreciated a lot of the initial posts and reports about the quality
of service of various Leica dealers, it has seemingly deteriorated into being
'personal' for all involved.

What I would like to suggest instead of all the good guy/ bad guy stuff on the
LUG, is this:

If you DO have a good dealer that you regularly work with, for god sakes, send
him/her a card, some of your prints of your photos, a box of candy, a book, a
gift certificate, a gift donation in their name to a favorite charity -
SOMETHING personal and in thanks for their being there for you and their hard
work.

Lets face it, stuff does not always go well. It makes a big difference to both
the dealer and to you when they already know that you CARE about their service
and appreciate what they can do for you!

Now, some of you may think that since you have the green, the dealer is the
one that is suppose to bust his butt on your behalf. Thats all fine and dandy,
except that you are working with human beings on both sides of the fence.
Every one has good days and bad days. But people fail to do anything more then
casually to say THANKS to the dealer that does get it right, that when you do,
you become a FRIEND and a customer for life.

Take a risk. Try it with you favorite dealer. Just say thanks by sending him
or her something as a gift that is personal and fun, I bet you will be
surprised at how well you will be received in the future - when its  done out
of genuin appreciation for their work on your behalf.

Pete Myers