Subject: Re: [Leica] SCALA, etc.
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:03:26 -0800

Keith Bingman wrote:

> Dale,
>
> I hardly ever comment, but since you are in Seattle, I coldn't resist.
>
> I am glad someone else has discovered Scala, and yes the shipping
> charges are a killer. You can send it to Ivey Seright (a pro lab just
> north of downtown Seattle, if you don't know it) and while they will not
> develop it,  I believe they offer an over night service...and no
> shipping charge.

Thanks for the tip Keith.  Here is what I have done and found out so
far.

1)  I ordered film and mailers from B&H and when I have worked that
system, actual total costs, times etc. I will report back.  All of you
can see the costs for film and mailers in Shutterbug but I do not know
whether the mailers include postage nor how long the service takes.

2)  I surfed to http://www.shriro.com/usa.html and sent them an e-mail
asking about SCALA services.  They answered saying yes they could help
and told me to call 206.623.8113 and ask for sales support.  Sales
support told me that if I hand them the film at their offices they would
have it back developed into slides in five to seven days for $8.50.

Hey with you LUGers help this soon to be Leica/SCALA kind-of-guy is on
his way.  And it is not going to cost that much either since I got good
deals on my new cameras and lens from Eli at Wall Street, the equipment
is working just fine and now I have found a film that is something else
again.

Thanks Keith and the rest of you.

Now if I just had as much adventure in my blood as Tina.  And her hard
learned skills too.  Then I could start creating something that I and
other people would enjoy.  Like I did 40 years ago with my Antarctic
slides.    Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $