Subject: Re: [Leica] How to store the lens ?
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:11:20 -0500

Eddie:

I live in Traverse City, Michigan, Lakes everywhere and our very own warm
Great Lake 2 blocks from my home. I have no fungus problems with a few
simple precautions. The simplest is to leave your cameras in the parts of
the house where you live, except not near bathrooms or the kitchen. I have
mine in an upstairs office. Summers aren't that long, and the only time
when humidity might be a problem. If you use them regularly, just expsosure
to sun will keep fungus away. If you don't, Silica gel will keep them for
short stays. If we have a really humid summer I keep them in a closet with
a single 25 watt bulb burning until the humidity calms down.

Northern climates are nothing, try keeping cameras dry in Jacksonville.

Tom