Subject: Re: [Leica] We're not alone - quality problems
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:01:11 -0600

At 12:22 PM 3/26/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Apparantly the recent quality control problems are being experienced and
discussed
>outside of this list and it's interesting that the problems reported seem
identical across
>boards.

Maybe so, but I've been on Compuserve for many years, and I can tell you
that what he is saying is simply not true. There aren't that many
complaints to fit his description. Let him use Nikons, there's not enough
Leicas to go around.

In fact, some people seem to claim that it's the LUG where they hear all
these terrible things.

A small sample of bad cameras can, with the help of the Internet, and a
desire to see the worst in any given situation, (Not you Danny, the rumor
mongers) create a plague where none exists.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The distinction between past, present and future is only an illusion, even
if a stubborn one. - Albert Einstein