Subject: Re: [Leica] Vancouver on 50mm's a day! :)
From: Alan Brown <abrown@ncsi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:16:44 -0600

>Hi folks,
>
>I've just finished a three day shoot on the city of Vancouver and was
>restricted to only a 50mm lens! Actually 2, Noctilux on the M6 and 1.4
>Summilux on the R8.
>

>There were times it was driving me crazy, but you know what? The end result
>was a great experience in seeing and making what is considered by some as a
>limited use lens, record very exciting images. I was forced to look harder,
>compose more precisely and to "think" about what I was shooting.  And also
>find content that was interesting and didn't require a super wide or long
>tele to make it look  more attractive..

>ted

Ted,  Great Post!  All the equipment and lenses are wonderful but there is
a purity to having just one lens and being forced to "see" clearly and
insightfully with it.  I also don't mean to suggest selling all the stuff,
but sometimes that kind of experience that Ted relayed so well gets us back
to basics: the images.

Regards,

Alan Brown