Subject: [Leica] At what altitudes is it adviseable to use an UV filter?
From: milos@bohem-net.cz (Milos Kocman)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:43:30 +0100

I have a question - is there a simple rule - like a specific altitude -
telling you when one should use an UV filter with Leica glass for optimum
results? Also, at high altitudes, I would want to use a brownish filter
(Like KR3 or KR6) anyway to deal with the blue cast - would such a filter
also deal with the UV?

An update on my ailing M6 - I spoke to the very nice local distributor,
they'll arrange for me to go to Solms and have the camera looked at and
hopefully exchanged the same day. I am impressed by this attitude, can't
wait to finally have a perfect Leica. So, if I am already going there, what
would you recommend that I go visit/see there? Any bargains to be made at
the factory outlet?

Greetings,

Milos