Subject: [Leica] M6 shutter problems / other quality comments
From: milos@bohem-net.cz (Milos Kocman)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:41:25 +0100

Alf wrote:

At 23:27 14.03.1998 +0100, Milos wrote:
>No, no lens cap - it happened in sequential shooting, too. It must be a
>malfunction.

I believe your words, but I'm astonished that you only realized the
sequence or single un-exposed pictures when you looked at your rolls.

Didn't you realize while you took your pictures ? I mean: usually
you hear the shutter. If you miss the shutter's noise, you didn't
transport.  If you hear the shutter, the pictures can't be un-exposed.

Could you reproduce it with your empty camera ? Maybe your shutter is
ok, but the transport is occasionally not blocked ?

Milos responds:

I shot all this film on assignment, I didn't really pay attention to the
shutter. But I don't think it's likely I would attempt to rewind without
hearing the shutter (or something), feeling the release go down all the
way. It only happened twice on 15 films, I don't think I can reproduce it.

By the way, I didn't even have a lens cap with me - I just use the shade to
protect the lens. What an ugly cap, too

Another thing - I bought a lens in Germany last month and it too had a red
sticker on the box - the dealer told me they use these to distinguish
between different shipments of goods from Leica. It didn't make much sense,
so..

By the way, do all of your back doors sit on tight, no tolerances when you
press on it? I hate this on mine and it's another reason why it's going to
Solms pretty soon. I suppose the good side of this is that I can now
justify a second body..

Ciao,

Milos