Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Leica R or Leica M
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:06:15 -0800

Alan Hull wrote:

> With your standards Donal, it not a question of good or bad.  Just the
> difference between exceptional and phenomonal.  But seriously, is this left
> eye right eye business only bunkum?

Alan,
I assume you know I was pulling your leg.  But seriously I have wondered
about the differences.  I used to be right eyed.  But during an unhappy
stint with a metro newspaper with no vision (pun intended) my stress
level went out of sight and I burst a blood vessel in my right eye,
nearly had a retinal separation.  It still sees poorly, especially
shadow detail at night.  It was my shooting eye.  Now I use the left.
After all these years now,  it is a matter beyond focus ability, I
know.  Shooting right eyed now is like seeing with out brain connected
or something.  It is as if my sensitivity is mostly connnected to the
left.  Since I do everything from very technically lit product shots
(when rent is due!) to outdoor and street photography, I should be able
to find a difference dependig on the subject and style of the shoot.
I'll try to pay attention.

donal
- --
Donal Philby