Subject: [Leica] WINDER R8.
From: Lucien <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 05:51:26 -0500

>Now if they'd only get the motors here! :) Hey would we be satisfied wit=
>just the winders?  All they've done is wet the appetite for the motor.:)=

Eric Welch

>You said it. If I have any complaint about the Winder, it's that you hav=
>to hold the camera's rewind button down as you press the rewind switch o=
>the winder. And the rewind is quite noisey. =

=2E..and quite slow!

I love the size and the feeling of the R8 winder.
The fact that you still have the possibility to
advance or rewind the film yourself, without noise is =

also a big advantage.
But the lack of a single shot position is really a nuisance.
I've lost some pictures because of that.
The lost of the vertical release and of the wide leather strap on
the handgrip from the R7 winder are also weak points.
To bad that the R8 winder had to lose two advantages =

in order to gain the slowest motorized rewind on the market.

I have no need of more speed and of more weight,
then the release of the "hypothetic" motor will not help me.

Lucien