Subject: Re: [Leica] WINDER R8.
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 06:51:43 EST

<< I love the size and the feeling of the R8 winder.
 The fact that you still have the possibility to
 advance or rewind the film yourself, without noise is
 also a big advantage.
 But the lack of a single shot position is really a nuisance.
 I've lost some pictures because of that.
 The lost of the vertical release and of the wide leather strap on
 the handgrip from the R7 winder are also weak points.
 To bad that the R8 winder had to lose two advantages
 in order to gain the slowest motorized rewind on the market.

 I have no need of more speed and of more weight,
 then the release of the "hypothetic" motor will not help me.

 Lucien

In my opinion the winder is a joke.  It looks cheap, it feels cheap and it is
NOT cheap for what you get.  In fact, it is worth no more that a $100.  I
certainly hope this is not a trend with Leica.  Looks like what you would find
for a Canon, Minolta or Pentax.  Embarrassing Leica quality.  I returned mine,
only worked 50% of the time.  I hope the motor is better.

Bob B.