Subject: RE: [Leica] Tripod usage
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:18:09 -0800

I know this isn't exactly what you're asking, but thought you'd like to know
anyway...

I also use a Bogen 3221 (black version of your 3021), but with the Bogen
3265 "Grip action ball head".  If you haven't used one of these, I highly
recommend it.  It is amazingly stable, easy to handle, and the quick release
is just that -- quick.  You just grip the handle, squeeze, then swivel the
camera around any way you like.  I use it with a Canon EOS1n (probably as
heavy as your R8), Mamiya 7, and Leica M6.  It even has a bubble level which
is very handy with the M6 + 21mm, especially since the auxiliary 21mm finder
is such junk.