Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica's inability to do better
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:12:48 -0600

At 01:52 PM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>And I must add, the simple metering system of the M6 (or any modern TTL
>metering camera), if used with just a little thought, can easily equal the
>above super-duper metering systems.

Better, man, better! But what the matrix and all that jazz is about is when
you want to work fast, and you don't have time to get the metering tweaked
just right. In news situations (like when one is being shot at, and don't
think it only happens in Lebanon - a news photographer was just murdered in
Oklahoma) there is often no time to tweak. That's where every technological
advantage is helpful. As far as I'm concerned, the R8 is good enough. But
that doesn't mean the RGB meter isn't better. Just by how much, and for
what use?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

To say a human being is nothing but molecules, is like saying a
Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

Murphy's Law