Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Damage
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:30:55 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>

>Jeff S wrote:
>
><SNIP>>> It occurs to me that custom lens compartments, made from cut
sections of 1
>> liter soda bottles and padded and velcro'd as needed, might be just the
>> ticket.
><SNIP AGAIN>
>Jeff,
>
>Try the padded foam cup or beer can insulators for holding lenses. I've
>used them on a belt pouch with Hassy (sorry Marc) lenses and they work
>well. Maybe we can even get them custom inscribed or printed with LUG
>emblem of some sort since Leica/Solms is so protective of their red dot.

A belated "thanks" for this neat idea! I may employ a modified version of it
in my new bag, whatever it may be. Resourcefulness is an underrated virtue,
I think.

Another challenge to clever LUGers: Can anyone come up with a really cool
filter wallet, similar to Domke's offerings, but sized more for E39-52mm
filters? Nikon and others also make holders, but these too, are kind of
large for the task at hand.

Jeff