Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/4 Question
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 19:05:02 -0500

I have a brassy black one from 1949. I use it on my M bodies as well and my
III bodies. I paid $35 about 2 years ago. The glass is in perfect
condition. This is one of the lenses I used to do my niece's "senior"
pictures with last fall. All the ones she chose were taken with it.

It's performance is not even close to my 90 Tele-Elmarit lens which I
consider to be a very fine lens.

kw

>Luggers,
>
>I am thinking of getting a 90/4 Elmar screwmount as a budget tele.  Are
>there pros and cons like black vs. chrome or some years better than others
>with this lens?  I seem to remember posts about people still using these
>older lenses w/ adapters but don't recall the specifics.  I just can't
>spend 500.00+ for a lens that I will use very infrequently. I never really
>liked my skinny (mid 80's) 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit I had years ago but if I can
>get close to its performance for around 250.00 I might go for that. BTW,
>are hoods still available for these lenses? If you have/use one of these
>screwmount 90/4 Elmars, please let me know how you like it.
>

>Thanks
>
>Mark

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>