Subject: [Leica] Advice
From: Timothy Chupp <chupp@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:09:37 -0700

Hello

I'm hoping to get started with Leica Ms after years with SLRs  (Canon and
Nikon). I have a few
questions for which I hope to get some good answers/advice.

1. Should I start with somewhat older used (and affordable) stuff such as
an M4P and older
50 f 2,0 lens or go for the M6. (Clearly I'd consider an outside the body
light meter.)

2. If I buy used, what are good sources, mail order etc.? (I buy
exclusively used Nikon, mostly
from shops, but there is not much used Leica at places I frequent).

3. If M6, should I buy new (3 yr warranty), demo (1 yr warranty) or used:
all generally withing
a few hundred dollars of eachother.

I'm happy to receive private responses.

Thanks