Subject: [Leica] Seminar dates
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:16:26 -0500

George Huczek wrote:

<<<<<Please try to hold the seminar during July or August, so that people
can try to fit the seminar into their holiday schedules.
Perhaps October is better for working pros, if that is the intent.
However, I would suggest that you may get an increase in enrollment if you
held the seminar at some other time of year, attracting Leica enthusiasts
who have other commitments in October.>>>>>

G'day George,

As I do not organize the workshop dates or details, I don't have anything
to do but stand there, talk and show "pretty pictures" :)

But I understand one of the reasons to hold it in late September or early
October is "cost for accomodation as it falls into the off season rates".
This inturn makes it more economical for those attending.

It isn't intended for pros only and actually the numbers are more talented
Leica enthusiasts than pros. Although many could be pros from the talent I
have seen during the past 5 years. :)

As far as "you may get an increase in enrollment if held at another time of
year". It is my understanding the number of "open spots" for October is
nearly filled and closing quickly even though it doesn't take place for
another 6 months

I guess if it were thrown open they could handle a greater number. Last
year there was a waiting list of some 40 people that didn't get in. Besides
like any good photographer knows, "more is not better!" and it is similar
to the numbers attending: :) Too many and I can't touch base with everyone
which I prefer to do.

But thanks for your suggestion and I'll pass it on to Park Square Camera
and Leica.

Maybe the option could be to hold "two a year!" :) Although I don't think
I'd get any sleep worrying about putting on two presentations and making
them smash hits. :) Well OK, interesting! :)

ted