Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geograhic CD-rom
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 10:16:55 +0000

hamlet wrote:

> just wanted opinions on the above. I got one, but I hate it because of the
> exceedingly poor user interface. You get to see page spreads on your
> screen, and you are able to zoom in to the page, but only at one

I refuse to get one because Nat Geo basically stole the photos
from the photographers who shot them. Paying for onetime usage in the
magazine then making this CD and never paying anything to those who
created the images for this second use.  Currently there is a lawsuit
by many of the photographers to regain fair compensation for this
use.  Fred Ward former LUG member and Nat Geo photographer is
involved in this and knows in great detail what is going on with it.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto