Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/90 R Summicron rumor
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 16:20:36 -0600

At 03:44 PM 4/4/98 -0500, you wrote:

>What about the 135/4 (tele?)-Elmar-M lens.  I have heard rumours that this
>lens has been discontinued.  Now that I finally have an M leica that can
>manage a 135mm lens (M6HM), it seems a shame that they would start killing
>off the long M lenses.

They discontinued the Winder M too, but it's back. Who knows what they have
up their sleeves? Let's not be too overly pessimistic. Maybe they don't
sell enough to make them profitable. I can't imagine wanting a 135 f/4, but
that's me. There are plenty of used ones out there. Used Leicas are just
fine. There could be a new one coming out too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maniac: An early computer built by nuts...