Subject: [Leica] Leica R8 vs Nikon F5 light metering
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 08:49:38 +0200

With all this talk about Leica R8 vs Nikon F5 lately, I was wondering if
anyone has useful experience with the 3D-color matrix metering of the F5
vs the R8 multizone metering. I noticed quite some people on this list
have an F5 (together with an M).

I am not so much interested in theoretical or filosofic arguments, only
if one or the other way of implementing the multizone exposure system
results in better results in the field or not. Does the F5 system lead to
"better" results (or a higher number of usable shots) than the R8, as one
could imagine, or is this just hype?

Thanks.
Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r