Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 04:53:16 -0500

 And, if I'd look for a 21 mm
>M lens, I'd select the 3.4 SA.
>
>Alf

Alf: I have been using the 21mm f3.4 SA for many years.  I am also convinced
that it is an extraordinary lens at all apertures, based on my own photos
and old test results in Pop. Photo. Reading the literature, including
Erwin's analysis, I have been tempted to trade it for the 21mm Elmarit asph.
because of its metering compatibility with my M5 and M6.
Please expand on your comment with regard to  a "more pleasant"
rendition with the SA than with the asph. As I am not a subscriber to the
fashionable view that the latest is the best, I am looking forward to your
remarks.
regards, Andrew Jordan