Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter durability
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:43:38 +0200

At 01:05 06/04/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:36 AM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>Somewhere I heard that the original F was designed for a million cycles!
>>That spec has been falling with each model.

It's true! At least it works, I've made a million cycle with two Fs! The
shutter worked but the mirror mechanism, even locked, was not so happy...The
F2's MLU was much better!
I've also made more that one million shoots with a F3P which worked
beautifully. It sounded a little bit used after that but I freely got a new
one from Nikon who wanted to check a "million cycle" F3.
Of course, everything I'm telling was made in a lab with a 250 frames back
for the F and the F3 and a 750 frames back for the F2.