Subject: RE: [Leica] 24 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 17:48:00 +0000

Alf, Tom,
'Second that, and it was something which crossed my mind yesterday at the
HCB exhibition I visited.
The pictures were gripping but the sharpness wasn't what made them so.
OK, we're privileged to use the sharpest lenses in 35mm technique but the
end result is whether the picture succeeds, either to ourselves or
others. The picture can succeed irrespective of the technical perfection
of the lens.
The concept of a subjective review of lenses, rather akin to the
subjective reviews of hi-fi gear, is intriguing, to me at any rate.
Jem