Subject: Re: [Leica] Measured Reaction Time / Marvin / Alf / Dave
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 21:01:24 -0400

Donal Philby wrote:

<<<<Anyone want to see a nice sunrise photo recently made in Mexico just
after I saw the green flash in the viewfinder??  I didn't think so.>>>>>>

Donal,
Aw come on, you didn't miss it did you? :) I'm just glad it's you admitting
it and not me! :)

I have watched for, seen it and tried to shoot it so many times I've lost
count. I don't think it is humanly possible to see and shoot at the same
time, whether you are using an M or R, EOS or NIKON! If anyone has seen the
green flash and actally had reflexes fast enough to get it on a stills
frame, it has to be 200 % pure luck.

I've seen it on movie film with a pro crew running high speed cameras, only
because the camera was rolling before the sun broke the edge of the
horizon.

I wasn't aware of the "green flash" until I read an article in Readers
Digest a very long time ago and ever since, whenever there is the
opportunity to photograph a sunrise over water I have tried to capture it.

I trust everone out there in LUG land knows about the "brilliant green
flash" just as the sun breaks the horizon, quite beutiful, but I bet rarely
captured on film, Leica or not! :)

So you missed it eh?  Gee after all these years I now feel better, because
a buddy admitted he missed it also. :)

ted