Subject: Re: [Leica] 2nd R6 problem
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:20:32 +0000

Harrison,

Thanks very much.  Excellent expanation-- you should teach sir!  Based on
what you are saying, I have two broken R6's.  Amazing.  I have had both
cameras for seven years without one problem, and within 3 days I have
exactly the same problem in both cameras.  The tab of which you speak IS
loose.  It can be moved from the 8 o'clock to the 9:30 position and back
with my finger.  If it's at 8 o'clock and I depress the loose-feeling DOF
lever, the tab moves to 9:30 but does not spring back.

I have contacted Sherry Krauter and John Van Stelten by e-mail and Don
Goldberg by phone.  Don said today that he is back-logged two months and
prefers to work on M cameras.  This shocked me since, as we all know, the R
is the true Leica  ;-)

Thanks again Harrison.  I guess the good news is that I will only ship one
box to Sherry or John.  I assume, by the way, that despite the coincidence
of having this happen both times with the 35/2.0, I do NOT need to send the
lens in for repair?

May the Force be with you all.  Na noo Na noo.

John McLeod