Subject: [Leica] Old Leica stuff questions
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:24:51 +0000

A friend at work inherited the following from her grandfather and was
asking me about it since she knows I shoot (oops PHOTOGRAPH) with
Leica, but I know almost zilch about the old stuff so any help would
be appreciated.  She is mostly interested in the when the stuff was
made and if any of it has any interesting history.

1) A visoflex # 18412 made in germany, has the kind of viewfinder you
look down into.

2) Hektor 12.5cm Ernst Leitz Canada 1214317. This lens is screwed
onto the Viso an is a 2.5 aperture.

3) several extension tubes screw mount (at least this is what I think
they are) a 60mm a 30mm and a 15mm.  There is also something labelled
Accura Japan (no it is not a car) turns like some kind of focusing
device and has what appears to be a distance scale of 160mm, 164,
169, 174 engraved on it.

4) 35 2.8 summaron with eyes. 2050496

5) what I think is a swing out polarizer

6) Sola 9cm f4 lens  #80555 Sun Opt. Company made in Japan

7) table top tripod.

If any of you have a guesstimate of the value of the above she would
be interested also. All of it is fairly clean but in in a MAJOR need
of a CLA as it has set dormnat for years and is very stiff.  Her
grandfather used the stuff, but it has set in storage for several
years since he quit actively shooting.

She is not wanting to sell it but is interested to know what she has
and is wanting to get it CLA'ed and start using it.

Thanks for you help.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto