Subject: [Leica] Salgado in Life
From: Shawn London <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 11:24:37 -0500

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but in the Life magazine "Best
Magazine Photography of the Year" issue, Sebsatiao Salgado received the
"Legend Award".  There are reproductions of a bunch of his photos where
the section appears in the back of the magazine.

What is also interesting is that there are two Leica ads--one for the M6
(chrome, w/35mm Summilux ASPH), and one for the R8 (w/80 Summilux)--on
pages facing his photos.  In light of the continuing M6 improvement
thread, the text on top is rather interesting.  It reads: "Because less
is often much more" and the first line of what's below: "As a serious
photographer, you don't need electronic gadgetry.  It simply gets in the
way."

I think that it is the first time I've ever seen an M6 advertised in a
magazine, actually.