Subject: [Leica] Re: OFF TOPIC: bad email infrastructure [was Re: P/S-message
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:23:49 -0400

     Jeff,

     You state that the "author of the reply was...clearly specified in the
     'From:' header of the message" and that any signing of messages "is in
     general unnecessary when proper user identity information appears in
     the mail headers."  But the problem for me (and maybe for some others
     as well) is precisely that user identity information does NOT appear
     in the "From" header, which rather indicates only "leica-users" as the
     source of every message.  I therefore suggested signing LUG messages,
     which I do not consider to be an imposition of significant difficulty.
     But of course those for whom it proves too burdensome are, like those
     who prefer to remain anonymous, free to leave their messages unsigned.

     Art Peterson