Subject: Re: [Leica] E-200
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:59:54 +0000

Dick,

Neither of the two rolls showed the type of color that you
experienced.  My leaders were clear, and the spool ends black. I did
my own processing in a Jobo in Photocolor 3 bath chemistry.  The film
box (I haven't cleaned house yet this week) does indeed have a bit of
French on one panel - blasted print is too small for mortals - but
that may very well be for the Canadian market.

Now I did encounter a similar problem several years ago with Kodak
print film showing a reddish blob (on the prints) across 2 frames at approximately
the same position on each of two rolls used in the same Leica body.
A third roll of the same batch, purchased later, used in the same
body, but processed at a different lab came out without a problem.

Roy

On  8 Apr 98 at 14:52, Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> Do you have any film ends left from E-200 - hold them up to a bright
> light - what color are they??? My processor is also mistified.  He
> is the best processor in the Norman area and runs control strips
> often.  he has only processed a couple of rolls of E-200.  the box
> also has French writing on it, with the English - where produced??
> what does X-ray radiation do to the film??
>

> Dick Hemingway
> Norman, OK

   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.