Subject: Re: [Leica] Hektor 4.5/135mm SM Mounts
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 18:34:08 -0400

At 05:51 PM 4/8/98 -0400, Bruce Feist wrote:
>I have a Hektor f/4.5 135mm SM lens which consists of a front section
>with all the glass, and two swappable barrels which sit behind it.  They
>are of different lengths; one is clearly to be used to attach the lens
>directly to the camera, while the shorter one, I assume, is intended to
>be used in conjunction with a Visoflex.  Well, I have a Visoflex, too;
>I'm not sure of the model, but it attaches to a SM body and accepts
>bayonet-mount lenses.
>
>I also have two SM/bayonet adapters.  One is a very thin (in length)
>ring; unfortunately, the Hektor can't use it, because it's too wide (in
>the radial direction) -- the outer part of the Hektor collides with the
>ring.  The other adapeter is lengthwise thicker; it has a tripod socket
>in it, and is a significant chunk of metal.  I can attach the Hektor to
>this using the short barrel, but it cannot focus to infinity -- it is
>only capable of focusing at a distance of roughly 10 feet, indicating
>that the barrel is too long.
>
>Clearly, there is part of the puzzle that I'm missing.  How can I make
>use of this lens with the Visoflex?  What is my thicker adapter really
>intended for?  Is there some other kind of adapter that I should try to
>find?

I don't know what these two adapters are, and it would help if you would
post the part numbers that are stamped on them (if any!).  The thicker is
probably an OUBIO and that, with the ZOOAN short-mount, should allow
infinity focus with your Viso II/IIa/III.

This is a puzzle:  send us the numbers off of the adapters, and we'll give
it a rethink.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!