Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo and asph: pros and cons
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 20:31:11 -0400

At 11:51 PM 4/8/98 +0000, you wrote:

 My own feeling
>is that it wasn't the resolution of fine detail that attracted me to Leica
>lenses in the first place and by replacing the lenses I have with newer
>designs I may actually lose some of what I like best about them! A sobering
>thought. *Subjective* evaluations would be very welcome.
>
>Joe Berenbaum

I would love to know this, too.  The problem is that to measure sharpness
the optical experts can use extablished tests and chart the results on
scales and graphs.  How do we measure subjective evaluations?  I love the
soft "roundness" of the images I get with my old Leica lenses.  Do you lose
this with sharper lenses?  One person's bokeh may be another person's blur.
 Any advice or suggestions from the experts would certainly be welcome!  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>